The guide contains articles on inks, rollers, blankets, curing equipment, radiometry, press setup, and best practices. In addition, an online EH&S (environmental, health and safety) video provides an overview of the safe use and handling of UV/EB products and processes.
The site is intended to present a growing “wiki” environment for the posting of new topics and emerging trends in UV/EB technology.
Current sections include:
- Review of current UV/EB applications
- How EB accelerators work and how to use them correctly
- EH&S Video; as well as links to other EH&S information
- Radiometry: An explanation of what UV energy is and how it can be measured
- UV/EB chemistry and technology
- Press set up: how to set up a sheet fed litho press for printing UV inks
- Hybrid Inks: best practices when using UV curable hybrid inks
- UV Inks: an introduction to the use of UV sheet fed litho inks
- EB Litho Inks: an introduction to the use of EB web litho inks
- UV Narrow Web Flexo: best practices in the use of UV Narrow Web label inks
- UV News: How to use UV inks on a coldset newspaper press.
The site requires a brief registration, but is available free of charge at www.radtech.org/print.