With the rapidly expanding use of UV/EB technology in the printing and packaging industries, RadTech, a nonprofit trade association dedicated to the technical, educational and market advancement of ultraviolet and electron beam processes, has developed an internet based educational site for printers. “The RadTech Printer’s Guide consists of a series of unbiased articles that inform, educate and instruct current and future printers in the use of energy curable materials and processes,” according to Graham Battersby, RadTech industry consultant and editor of the site.
The guide contains articles on inks, rollers, blankets, curing equipment, radiometry, press setup, and best practices. In addition, an online EH&S (environmental, health and safety) video provides an overview of the safe use and handling of UV/EB products and processes.
The site is intended to present a growing “wiki” environment for the posting of new topics and emerging trends in UV/EB technology.
Current sections include:
- Review of current UV/EB applications
- How EB accelerators work and how to use them correctly
- EH&S Video; as well as links to other EH&S information
- Radiometry: An explanation of what UV energy is and how it can be measured
- UV/EB chemistry and technology
- Press set up: how to set up a sheet fed litho press for printing UV inks
- Hybrid Inks: best practices when using UV curable hybrid inks
- UV Inks: an introduction to the use of UV sheet fed litho inks
- EB Litho Inks: an introduction to the use of EB web litho inks
- UV Narrow Web Flexo: best practices in the use of UV Narrow Web label inks
- UV News: How to use UV inks on a coldset newspaper press.
The site requires a brief registration, but is available free of charge at www.radtech.org/print.
Printerís Guide available for UV/EB technology
Published July 24, 2007
blog comments powered by Disqus