Digital production color is a growing market for print and paper. However, this growth is dependent on application, technology, and media. Paper and other substrates enable the application which drives the print opportunity. InfoTrends has announced a new multi-client study, Substrate Opportunities in Production Color Printing, which it says will help paper and other substrate producers and equipment suppliers better understand paper and substrate needs in the US and Western European market by application and technology (inkjet/EP).
This research will provide answers to paper mills and OEMS and a forecast for application, technology, and feed type. It will also approach the question from the views of A3 to B2 page sizes and light/medium versus heavy production applications.
“This knowledge will be critical to the suppliers of paper and other substrates and equipment vendors such that they can, in turn, provide their customers with the enabling papers to allow the applications to grow,” says John Shane, director of InfoTrends’ communication supplies consulting service.
The study aims to do the following:
- Examine the substrate requirements of users and potential users of production color digital presses
- Provide an overview of available and developing substrate types and brands for each technology
- Examine key pricing points & demand for different grades
- Gauge user (PSP) price ranges and demand for different grades
- Analyze the market by application
Early subscriber rates are available through November 15, 2012. Contact Scott Phinney for more information.