MAXStick Products Ltd. has announced that it has been issued patent No. 8,445,104 B2, effective May 21, 2013, by the United States Patent and Trademark office for MAXStick. MAXStick is a liner-free, repositionable adhesive, direct thermal label product designed for everyday use in an assortment of industries including food service/hospitality, warehousing, retail, reusable plastic containers and medical diagnostics.
MAXStick is crafted to work on standard thermal POS printers with little or no modification required to the printer. MAXStick has a silicon-free release coat which the company says makes it easily removable from any surface and also preserves the integrity of the print head. This product also meets several green initiatives in that it is recyclable, biodegradable and BP-A free. MAXStick is of continuous length, so any size label can be printed on demand.
The MAXStick family of products is available in several different sizes and varieties including:
- MAXStick Premium: 80 gram Direct Thermal Top Coat Base; Barcode Readable in both center and double side-edge adhesive orientation
- MAXStick2GO: 55 gram Direct Thermal Top Coat Base; Barcode Readable in both center and double side-edge adhesive orientation.
- MAXStick Colors: 55 gram Direct Thermal Top Coat Base; Barcode Readable in Canary, Pink, Blue, Green, Orange, & Violet in a center & double side-edge adhesive orientation.
- MAXStick Plus: 80 gram Direct Thermal Top Coat Base; Barcode Readable with additional adhesive in a chevron or diamond pattern orientation for applications requiring durability and robust tack capable of working in non-label printers.
- MAXStick X2: 80 gram Direct Thermal Top Coat Base; Barcode Readable with full coverage adhesive designed for use in traditional direct thermal label printer applications as well as non-label printers.