Hal Hinderliter, principal, Hal Hinderliter Consulting Services, is conducting the research for PRIMIR. He will present a preview of the PRIMIR research findings at a Print 13 seminar, "Value-Added Print: Boom or Bust?," on Tuesday, September 10 at 8:30 a.m. at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL, USA.
"Adding value to print is often touted as a way to improve the profitability of print service providers, but until now there has been no definitive research on the topic," Hinderliter says. "With PRIMIR's permission, in this Print 13 seminar I'll detail information gleaned from the study's cross-sectional survey of print service providers, print buyers and brand owners along with industry experts and leading vendors. PRIMIR's new research explores the current state of adoption for value-added features and services, predicts the future direction of these markets and reveals potential threats from disruptive technologies, while providing needed insight as the industry comes to terms with the declining use of commodity printing."
The session will address:
- The primary reasons cited by print buyers for using value-added features/services
- Trends in the use of value-added print from the past to today
- How some companies have successfully implemented value-added services
- The impact of value-adds on printers' profitability
- What the future may hold for companies who provide value-added features/services, and much more.
The complete published report of the research findings will be circulated to all PRIMIR members in early fall.