Touching all aspects of a label converting shop, the new capabilities aim to improve press productivity and workflow efficiency, while opening new possibilities through an expanded range of high value applications. According to HP, the enhancement package also helps to improve the return on investment of an HP Indigo Digital Press for new customers, and helps protect existing customers’ investments, as the new features are backwards compatible with existing presses.
“Label converters are increasingly taking advantage of the productivity and quality afforded by the HP Indigo WS6600 Digital Press for medium-run label and packaging printing to meet the brand standards their customers demand,” says Alon Bar-Shany, vice president and general manager, Indigo Division, HP. “HP is committed to bringing to market new product features and capabilities that allow customers to improve productivity as well as print more jobs.”
New efficient workflow
The HP Indigo WS6X00 series Digital Press enhancement package features the new HP SmartStream Labels and Packaging Workflow Suite, version 4.0, powered by Esko. The new offering enables time savings of up to 70 percent throughout the entire color management process in addition to enabling up to 20 percent more jobs per shift, according to HP internal data.
Key features include:
- A new color engine that "transforms existing workflow processes by automating common, time-consuming procedures."
- New imposition and variable-data tools, including dynamic marks.
- An additional raster image processing (RIP) choice, the Adobe RIP, which was specifically developed and optimized for Esko and Indigo technology. The Adobe RIP has significantly improved processing speeds, by up to 90 percent.
- HP Indigo Print Care 2.0, a toolset that offers on-press diagnostic and remote support tools to help press operators maximize overall productivity and minimize press downtime.
- A new set of consumables, including a new charge roller that offers five times the lifespan of the current version, new photo imaging plate (PIP) and PIP underlayer for improved ease and time of installation.
The enhancement package will be available in September 2013. Its features will be displayed in HP’s booth at Labelexpo Brussels.