FINAT, the international association for the self-adhesive label industry, has announced its 2014 labeling events. According to organizers, learning and networking are key aspects of the industry and greatly valued by its members. The program gives members the opportunity to meet with peers, clients, press and other industry related contacts, get informed and exchange information.
Events on FINAT's 2014 calendar include:
- Technical Seminar, March 5-7, 2014, Barcelona, Spain: "Redesigning the label." This seminar will include reviewing the current technology and market for self-adhesive labels, as well as the latest trends regarding raw materials, label construction, printing, converting and applications for self-adhesive labels. The one-and-a-half day seminar, with simultaneous translation into French, German and Spanish, is aimed at all levels of the technical community, from research and development to production to technical directors and executives. Attendees will be updated on a broad range of issues, such as legislation, materials science, converting technology and end applications for labels. Presentations will be delivered by industry experts, who will offer practical advice intended to help delegates make their own infrastructures more efficient, productive and profitable.
- Congress Logo Competition: As every year, FINAT has issued a design competition for its annual congress logo at graphic arts students in France. The winner(s) will be honored during the FINAT congress.
- Industry Trends Report: FINAT will release the first edition of its half-yearly Industry Trends Report in April.
- FINAT Congress, June 5-7, 2014, Monte Carlo, Monaco. This year’s congress will carry as its theme “The Battle for Shelf Appeal – Winning Strategies for the Label Industry.” The theme was inspired by supermarket visits by members from FINAT in their eternal search for new ideas and innovative product decoration concepts. They found that the battle for what a major end-user calls the "moment of truth" to catch the eye of the consumer increasingly also translates into a battle for the most attractive yet cost effective product decoration. The congress program will open with a keynote presentation by international brand consultants Cartils and will feature two expert panel discussions, one bringing together representatives from leading application technology providers, and the second one featuring leading end-users in different market segments like food, retail, cosmetics, beverages, toys etc. On the second day, delegates will be introduced to newly emerging technologies relevant to the future of labeling, such as printed electronics. As closing keynote speaker, FINAT says it is proud to announce Bertrand Piccard, the world famous balloonist, who (along with Brian Jones) was the first to complete a non-stop balloon flight around the globe.
- FINAT Label Competition: FINAT welcomes all 2014 FINAT Label Competition entries as of now. (Deadline: March 7) The participation details and registration forms are available in English, French and German. There is a new category, "Automotive" added in the group Marketing/End-uses and the association welcomes label entries for transport oils, automotive related cleaners, component cares, in car products etc.
- FINAT Recycling Award: a new Recycling Award will be launched soon.
- FINAT Technical Handbook 9th edition: A revised and embellished edition of the test methods manual is scheduled to appear in the first quarter of 2014. In addition to the more accurate full colored pictures and schematics, the handbook will in the future also contain links to videos showing how the relevant test method is performed.