The new Polyonics XF-537 laser markable label material (LML) is well suited for those labeling applications where traditional thermal transfer printed labels have failed due to harsh environments and poor read rates. The XF-537 far exceeds the durability, temperature and chemical resistance of thermal transfer printed labels as well as the traditional polyester (PET) and acrylic LML materials on the market. In addition, the XF-537 improves read rates in direct part marking processes by providing consistant high contrast bar codes along with rework and repositioning options to help reduce manufacturing scrap rates.
The Polyonics XF-537 includes a 25µm (1mil) polyimide film and durable black antistatic top imaging layer. The LML material also includes a pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) and 55# glassine liner for handling and die cutting with a variety of PSAs available to best suit each application.
Applications for the XF-537 include:
- High resolution linear and 2D bar codes
- Automotive under-the-hood labels
- Ultra-high temperature asset tracking
- Labeling for harsh environments including strong chemicals
- UDI medical/pharmaceutical labeling
- Antistatic labeling (peel voltage <100v with liner removal)
- PCB and electronics tracking
- DOD/IUID military asset tracking
- Protecting static sensitive devices
- Durable goods marking
- Collecting in-process data
- Rework option for direct part marking