The enhanced 9417 offers capabilities that today's contemporary food service operation requires, including wireless functionality, multi-lingual capabilities, and bar code and QR (Quick Response) code printing. Avery Dennison's automated food labeling systems can help increase consumer safety, improve margins, protect and elevate restaurant brands and accelerate the performance of kitchen labeling operations.
"We have used the Avery Dennison 9417 printer for eight months and have nothing but positive comments," says Matthew Combs, executive chef of Malone's Lansdowne restaurant, a multi-brand restaurant chain based in Lexington, Kentucky and one of the first restaurants to use the 9417 across multiple locations. "The 9417 has standardized our labels, which is a tremendous help to our multilingual staff. With the 9417, there is no guess work or confusion over misspelled words due to language differences."
Features of the 9417 include:
- Accurate, highly-detailed food item labeling including "prepared" and "use by" date/time shelf-life labels, ingredient or nutritional data and employee identification, are automated with pre-programmed shelf-life data.
- Helps to eliminate health code violations caused by illegible handwriting, reduce spoilage and food inventory costs.
- Facilitates protection of food quality data and ensures labeling consistency across multiple locations.
- Enables faster preparation of fresh food by reducing the need for employees to reference shelf life charts, manually calculate expiration time/dates, and handwritten information.
- Provides application-specific labeling solutions including dissolvable labels, labels that perform in extreme temperatures including freezers and under heat lamps, highly-durable labels and high-quality product labels that can help elevate brands.