At this time, it has become imperative for India's label printers to innovate and produce products that will attract consumers and bring back the much needed growth in demand. As per Price Waterhouse Coopers, “Three quarters of US private companies are prioritizing innovation with growth as objective.” Now it will be appropriate to quote Steve Jobs: “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.” Taking a cue from such sentiments, a dynamic and committed team at Noida-based Zircon Technologies India Limited, lead by Sanjeev Sondhi has decided and vowed to tread the path to innovation and technical excellence. In a definite move to implement and augment their innovative ambitions, they have invested to enhance their manufacturing capabilities with state-of-the-art equipment. Un a recent move, Zircon has acquired perhaps the largest label press in India so far, an Omet Varyflex V2 with diverse printing and converting capabilities.
The Omet Varyflex delivered to the Dehradun facility of Zircon is an advanced piece of equipment with the following features:
1. One of the largest labels presses Omet ever produced. It is 26 meters long, making it perhaps the largest label press delivered in India so far.
2. It features a complex integration of foiling, movable rotogravure, flexo and proprietary web paths desired and decided by Sanjeev Sondhi of Zircon, following an extensive series of tests. It took him almost two years to finalize the exact configurations and attachments that are complex and proprietary in nature. The equipment has the capability to print and convert with diverse print and converting technologies.
3. Chosen and accepted after severe complex tests done by Zircon on the machine.
4. 430mm wide (17 inches), 10-color flexographic printing stations, rotogravure printing station and hot foiling.
5. Converting section for cartons, labels, flexible packaging, lami-tubes and more.
6. Capability to handle from 12 micron films to 600 micron board.
7. Fully automatic registration control.
8. Backed by Weldon service and application support.
Sanjeev Sondhi leads Zircon Technologies India Ltd., a 6-year-old company that embraces new technology and innovation to achieve its goals of success and rapid growth while delivering value and excellence to its demanding customers. Starting from humble beginnings, Zircon has three production plants covering over 50,000 square feet of built-up workspace with two plants in North and one in South India, seven sales offices spread across India and a 200-plus strong workforce. Zircon has in-house graphic, prepress and platemaking capabilities and are India’s first Esko-certified HD Flexo label printing company. They have two pending global patents and have licensed four technologies for security printing. The company endeavors to be the most capable anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions provider in the entire Asia Pacific region. With the present installation of Omet Varyflex, Zircon will be able to service clients with a diverse range of offerings such as shrink sleeves, folding cartons, anti-counterfeit packaging solutions, and self adhesive labels.
The Omet Varyflex has been supplied by Omet S.r.l., Italy, founded by the late Angelo Bartesaghi in 1963, a leading company, designing and producing high-technology equipment and lines to print and fold tissue paper products, self adhesive labels, folding cartons and flexible packaging. Marked by a strong international mission, Omet draws heavily on its rich heritage. The professional excellence that has distinguished Omet since the beginning has consolidated itself throughout fifty years of activity, taking the company to success at the highest market levels. The detailed specialization in the design of the machines and the ongoing commitment to utilizing new technology make Omet a leading, highly qualified and reliable partner. Says Paolo Grasso, sales manager for Omet: “Sanjeev is a demanding customer, we learned by delivering towards his innovative ideas."
The sale of this equipment has been handled by Weldon Celloplast Limited, exclusive agents of Omet in India and surrounding countries. Pawandeep Sahni, director, states, “Sanjeev is a devout follower of Lord Shiva and credits all his success to the Lord! His strength in taking bold decisions comes from Him. With such commitment, he cannot go wrong. We are proud of this association.”
Harveer Sahni is managing director of Weldon Celloplast Limited, a New Delhi-based manufacturer of silicone release papers, self-adhesive labelstocks and tapes.