The seminar was inaugurated by ALPS leadership: Gururaj Ballarwad, president, Arunesh Bansal, general secretary, Ashish Gupta, treasurer and Ajay Aggarwal, vice president. In addition, Sudhir Samant, proprietorof Sudhir Samant & Associates was a part of the proceedings.
The sponsors of the evening were Avery Dennison, Domino India, Vinsak India Pvt. Ltd. and Xeikon. The Seminar covered five sessions on theme topic of “Going Digital-When & How?”
Presenters and their topics were:
- Vikram Saxena, GM, Cales, Xeikon, addressed the myths circling around the adoption of digital technology over conventional.
- Ajay Rao Rane, AVP-Digital Printing Solutions, Domino India, discussed how to minimize the challenges faced by digital label converters.
- Parag Agrawal, Product Manager-Specialty & Durables, Avery Dennison India, shed light on the future trends in digital printing, covering growth drivers.
- Ranesh Bajaj, Director, Vinsak India Pvt. Ltd, presented his perspective on why digital finishing plays a crucial role.
- Ashish Gupta, MD, Rational Business Corporation Pvt. Ltd. discussed the various challenges faced by Indian Label industry.
A highlight of the event was a panel discussion on “Challenges in adoption of Digital technology for Indian Label companies." The experts who took took part in the panel were Ajay Rao Rane-Domino India; Denver Annunication, Janus International; Ranesh Bajaj, Vinsak India Pvt. Ltd., Tejas Tanna, Printmann Group and Vijay Pareek, Genius Flexo Machinery Pvt. Ltd. The session was moderated by Ajay Aggarwal of Syndicate Labels.
The panel addressed the evolution of digital printing as a technology over the last few years and the experiences of the experts who have given this technology a fair chance, Why Indian printers are reluctant to give the technology a chance while their conuterparts in the western world have accepted it with great enthusiasm. The panel also discussed why a printer should adopt digital technology and how much time it may take to reduce the cost of digital technology consumables in comparison to conventional flexo technology.
The program was moderated by Priyanka Rathi Verma, Executive Secretary and Head Marcom and PR, ALPS. The event concluded with Gupta and Ballarwad, thanking the sponsors, speakers and panelists.
ALPS say it will keep continue organizing such seminars on the issues which are relevant to the industry with the support of its members and Industry’s friends and colleagues.