“The AFP-BFTH plate is the first plate with Clean Transfer Technology to boost solid ink homogeneity in printing,” says Dieter Niederstadt, technical marketing manager at Asahi Photoproducts. “It also delivers consistent print quality throughout the run, with fewer press stops for plate cleaning. This adds up to increased productivity and throughput while significantly reducing waste. Asahi’s Clean Transfer Technology has found great market reception in our line of water-washable plates, and we are now excited to be extending this capability to other plate categories in our portfolio. Not only will this help flexographic printers increase productivity, but it will also extend the range of applications they can offer to their customers, including the ability to transfer more work from offset to flexo.”
Asahi´s AFP-BFTH digital flexo plate is the first built-in flat-top plate to include Clean Transfer Technology.
- Printing plates remain clean during print production runs for consistent print quality and fewer press stops for plate cleaning.
- Plates are available in 1.14 and 1.7 mm.
- BFTH plates have been developed for water-based, solvent-based, and UV ink systems.
- In combination with solid area micro-screening technologies, it is possible to achieve 100% homogenous solid area coverage without any visible substrate voids.
- Plates deliver the same solid ink density levels in printing compared to today’s available flat-top plate technologies.
- BFTH plates ensure very smooth tonal gradation in printing.
- They fit seamlessly in all plate making workflows available today, including standard tube UV, high energy UV diode exposure, or Full HD imaging systems.
- One hardness grade is available: Hard for film and for paper substrates.
Clean Transfer Technology has the beneficial effect of reducing ink filling-in the mid-tone area during the printing run, leading to fewer cleaning intervals and less press downtime. Achieving graphical printing performance and improvement in productivity was the focus of Asahi´s Clean Transfer Technology plate development efforts. AFP-BFTH plate technology improves press uptime during the printing process. Thus, Clean Transfer Technology signifies both productivity and reduced waste.