Ordered were five Screen Truepress Jet L350UV+ series UV inkjet presses, five Rotocon Ecoline RDF 330 digital label converting and four Ecoline RSD 330 label diecutting/inspection machines, an AVT Helios 100% automated inline inspection solution with WorkFlow Link, a Domino K600i digital printer, and an MPS EF 430 8-color press.
"Our success at Propak Africa was truly a team effort," says Michael Aengenvoort, owner of Rotocon. "Representatives from our partners AVT, MPS, Screen and Wink made an overseas journey to join us at Propak, and five industry suppliers sponsored material and consumables for equipment running on our stands."
Propak visitors saw live label production across Rotocon's three stands. Labels were printed on Screen's Truepress Jet L350UV+ and finished on two ROTOCON Ecoline brand finishing machines: the RDF 330 digital label converting and RSI 330 slitter rewinder with inspection. The Rotocon Ecoline RSD 330 diecutter and Wink's SmartGap Touch digital adjustable anvil cylinder for diecutting were also featured.
Sponsors of Rotocon at Propak Africa and their product contribution were:
- ColorGen: PureRad LED8600e UVLED Cold Foil Adhesive, which is optimized to bond dyed, metalized or holographic foils to coated paper stocks, treated synthetic labeling and packaging films
- Flexo Concepts: TruPoint Orange doctor blades providing longer shelf life, enhanced precision, reduced anilox wear and scoring, and increased safety
- Morgancoat: Self-adhesive Gloss White Polypropylene film, top coated for excellent printability. The adhesive and liner can be customized depending on the end use application and substrate.
- Synchron: KPW-OP silver cold foil, which is over printable (OP) allowing for greater design and colour shade possibilities
- Wink: SuperCut flexible dies, made with microscopic precision to ensure perfect diecutting for all kinds of label applications