Epson and Teklynx are responding to manufacturers’ growing needs and compliance requirements to implement on-demand color labeling solutions. “The release of the new Epson ColorWorks printers with the combination of Teklynx’s powerful label design software solutions will be a game-changer for many organizations looking to easily implement color labeling in a typical black-only thermal transfer printer environment,” says Andrew Moore, product manager, Commercial Label Printers, Epson America.
Epson is the first to launch printers specifically designed as a color upgrade to black-only thermal transfer printers, the company says. The new ColorWorks models deliver on-demand, 4" or 8" wide color labels with 1200 dpi resolution at a comparable price to thermal options. Engineered for mission-critical applications, the reliable printers speed through labels at up to 5" per second. Teklynx Codesoft label design software simplifies the addition of high resolution artwork to labels while combining dynamic serialization, data and barcodes.
When combining the built-in native printer drivers for Epson with the Teklynx Codesoft barcode label design software solution, manufacturers are able to:
- Speed up label design and print times
- Increase accuracy so what is seen on screen is what gets printed
- Have CMYK and RGB color matching at design and time of print
- Eliminate the waste and save the storage space of pre-printed labels
- Maintain brand consistency
- Meet complex customer requirements
- Maintain regulatory compliance while increasing safety
- Create eye-catching and attractive labels
- Control and optimize print output