This machine features a hybrid drive technology for format-independent processing of digitally printed packaging materials and foils. The drive technology combines continuous and vector rotary diecutting and creasing technology in re-registration mode to print, allowing for a wide range of formats to be processed with a single set of tool or magnetic cylinders. With a fully modular design, the RSM520HD-Digi-Varicut is designed to convert webs up to a width of 770mm to suit image sizes or printing formats of 740 x 1120 mm.
A standard configuration of the RSM520HD-Digi-Varicut includes a vacuum conveyor, combined with multiple vacuum chambers for a controlled product delivery, a high speed, programmable robot-automated stacking and counting system ("Spider"). Extreme acceleration, velocity and precision at a continuous web speed of up to 50 m/m are available as an option, as well. This robot-automated delivery is designed in such a way that different products can be stacked with the same print image, regardless of whether it is a combination of products with different dimensions, or a continuous, format-independent nesting of the printed images.
The optional use of combined cutting and creasing plates helps to reduce tool costs. The cutting gap control system (GCS) has been designed to compensate for cutting wear, increasing the tool life. In addition, preset recipes – directly on the machine or via a workflow connection – enable short setup times. An automatic search for the starting position of the processing tools (auto register) reduces waste, and a 100% inspection system can optionally be integrated to discharge waste.
Additional technologies to be highlighted at Interpack include:
- Rotary cutting and creasing Tools for the productions of packaging blanks – Long lifetime is achieved by combining high-quality, long life materials for the diecutting cylinder and wear resistant and anvil cylinder in topcoat design.
- High performance punching modules - Punching tools for dense patterns with exchangeable punches and dies for punching paper, film and foils
- Rotary diecutting-perforating module – for processing multiple blisters in one sheet or as an individual package, made out of various materials, among all PVC and PET.
- Modules and tools for Braille embossing – The braille embossing can either be applied in the printing or in the converting machines such as window foil sealing machines. In the printing machine, the braille embossing is applied in the creasing or diecutting station.
- High-capacity and high-speed heavy duty rotary diecutting modules with cylinder quick lifting device