FLEXcon, a manufacturer of pressure sensitive film products based in Spencer, MA, USA, has announced the winners of its 2005 Awards For Innovation Contest. The competition celebrates innovative uses of pressure-sensitive film by FLEXcon customers, recognizing applications that expand the market for pressure sensitive film.
The winners in each category are:
• Most Innovative: McDowell Label & Screen, Plano, TX, USA, for its suede-textured label for a tanning product squeeze bottle.
• Consumable Products: York Label, York, PA, USA, for its resealable label in the nonwoven moist wipes market.
• Durable Products (printed): Esselte DYMO, Sint Niklaas, Belgium, for its wire label that can be printed, self-laminated and adhered in the field.
• Durable Products (non-printed): Screenprint/Dow, Wilmington, MA, USA, for its multi-layered product for a surgical light keyboard assembly.
• Promotional Advertising: Albert Basse Associates, Stoughton, MA, for its retail store display unit that utilizes a polyester label in place of an aluminum plate.
• Cutting Edge: Quinco & Co., Magog, QC, Canada. The “Cutting Edge” category is judged by FLEXcon executives to allow customers to enter product applications where details of the entries remain confidential.