The Tag & Label Manufacturers Institute (TLMI) will hold its eighth technical conference at the Fairmont Hotel in Chicago September 4-6. Titled “Tech 007: For Your Eyes Only”, the event will offer a range of technical presentation topics that address the challenges and opportunities North American label converters are facing in today’s shifting marketplace.
Session topics include:
· Uptime solutions: Helping converters identify and solve bottlenecks and downtime triggers.
· Plate technologies: A roadmap for converters of all sizes, helping them decide what their best next steps are with new technology and workflow optimization.
· 2D barcode and printed electronics: The current landscape for 2D barcodes and electronics, discussing market potential and application opportunities.
· Sleeve technology: Optimizing changeover times and press setup with the latest in sleeve technology.
· Low-cost digital printing options: Entering the expanding digital application sector with minimum investment.
· Converting films: A practical guide to converting film applications on press, discussing down-gauging trends and printability.
· Sustainable packaging: Addressing sustainability issues with customers, and moves label converters can begin making to address sustainable practices within their own companies.
· RFID manufacturing options: Where are we really? A discussion on RFID and its current place in the label converting industry with application examples and technology usage projections.
Art Yerecic, president of Yerecic Label and Tech 007 co-chair, says, “Our goal is to provide label converters of all sizes with the select technical knowledge they need to grow sales and profits. Conference attendees will hear other label converters and leading industry suppliers uncover the major new developments in our rapidly changing market.”