Breaking News

Gallus Group says 2006 sales up 37%

March 20, 2007

The Gallus Group, based in St. Gallen, Switzerland, a manufacturer of label printing and converting equipment, says that a high share of new products made a disproportionate contribution to its internal growth in turnover of 19 percent in 2006. Taking into account the complete acquisition last year of BHS Druck- und Veredelungstechnik GmbH, in Weiden, Germany, Gallus recorded a turnover of CHF 283 million (2005: CHF 207 million), which represents an increase of 37 percent over the previous year.

“The continuing growth in the global economy in 2006 had a positive impact on the label industry, in particular because of the confident consumer mood throughout the world,” says Peter Hauser, chairman.

Hauser reports several milestones in 2006:

• The company commissioned new production facilities for screen printing plates in Herisau, Switzerland. The plant will supply Gallus Screeny screen printing plates throughout the world. The investment in the plant totaled CHF 12 million.

• The group entered into the folding carton business with its acquisition of 30 percent of BHS Druck- und Veredelungstechnik GmbH in October 2005. The company’s product range includes reel-fed presses and diecutters for the inline production of folding cartons. In October 2006 Gallus acquired the remaining 70 percent of BHS Druck and accelerated the build-up of the folding carton business.

In 1999 Gallus entered into a cooperation agreement with Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG. Gallus employs around 670 people, of whom 320 are based in Switzerland.
blog comments powered by Disqus
  • New press debuts at Gallus Innovation Days

    New press debuts at Gallus Innovation Days

    Greg Hrinya, Associate Editor||September 26, 2016
    The Gallus Labelmaster capitalizes on expertise from parent company Heidelberg, building on the Speedmaster offset platform.

  • EskoWorld 2016 provides drupa report

    Greg Hrinya, Associate Editor||September 22, 2016
    “Digital was a very clear and striving theme across drupa, and more specifically inkjet,” said Jan de Roeck

  • Dollars and sense at Labelexpo

    Dollars and sense at Labelexpo

    Steve Katz, Editor||September 20, 2016
    Suppliers seem aware of the crowded digital press marketplace and the trepidation of the cost-concious first time buyer.

  • Getting Educated at Labelexpo

    Getting Educated at Labelexpo

    Steve Katz, Editor||September 7, 2016
    With a wide range of presentations, expert-led master classes and machinery demonstrations, there is no shortage of learning

  • Drupa 2016 a ‘resounding success’

    Drupa 2016 a ‘resounding success’

    Steve Katz, Editor||July 15, 2016
    The label industry was well-represented as visitors showed strong interest in the latest printing technologies.

  • Label & Narrow Web Job Market Report

    Label & Narrow Web Job Market Report

    Dan Miller||July 15, 2016
    A look at the trends and challenges affecting the label industry’s talent search.