Flint Group will host its 5th Annual Narrow Web Print Awards, celebrating excellence and entrepreneurship in the wider world of narrow web printing, at Labelexpo Europe in Brussels in September. Label converters from all over the world are encouraged to submit sample labels of their choice for evaluation by a panel of industry judges. Criteria for judging includes registration, smoothness of dot/vignette, overall print quality, and degree of difficulty. Entries will be placed in categories relating to technology and application.
The 2008 awards, at Labelexpo Americas in Chicago, awarded prizes to 14 companies in different categories relating to technology and application. “All were elegant examples of what's best in the art of fine label and narrow web print,” says Niklas Olsson, brand manager, Flint Group Packaging & Narrow Web. “The excellence of the entries in each category were astonishing, and the judging panel had to use all their experience and skill to separate out the winning entries. In some categories we had to make a near impossible choice between two print samples.”
The 2009 award winners will be announced at the Print Award Ceremony at the Flint Group booth, 5B45 on September 24 at 4 pm.
Following are the entry guidelines:
• Each entry must be printed using inks from Flint Group Narrow Web.
• Entries can be a commercial label or a promotional label.
• Entries can be sent in roll or sheet form with no fewer than 100 of each label. Converters will be contacted to verify if rolls can be displayed in the Flint Group booth.
• Entries should be received no later than August 1, 2009.
• Entries should be submitted directly to Flint Group Packaging & Narrow Web.
For more information, please contact Lotta Sjoberg in Europe at firstname.lastname@example.org or Deanna Whelan in the USA at email@example.com.