Kansas Governor Mark Parkinson signed a proclamation recognizing August 3, 2009, as the 50th anniversary of the founding of Bunting Magnetics Co. The signing ceremony was held at the State Capitol in Topeka, KS, USA.
The proclamation highlights the 30 years that Bunting has been headquartered in Newton, KS, as well as the company’s accomplishments and products. Attending the ceremony was Robert J. Bunting Sr., president of Bunting Magnetics Co. He said, “As we celebrate this important milestone, we would like to thank the Governor for taking his time to recognize this achievement. Also, we would like to thank our customers, supply partners and, most importantly, all of our current and past employees. Our first 50 years has been a profile in growth and innovation. Now and in the future, we are striving to keep improving and build upon the legacy that has been established throughout our company history.”
On August 3, 1959, Walter and June Bunting founded Bunting Magnetics Co. in Chicago, IL, USA. The original location, on Chicago’s north side, was a 500 square foot office on Fullerton Avenue. The company started as a stocking distributor for cast Alnico magnets and small ceramic magnet assemblies designed for industrial use.
Today, Bunting Magnetics manufactures magnetic separation equipment, and magnetic and non-magnetic conveyors for use in food, plastics, chemical, manufacturing, and recycling industries. The Newton facility manufactures magnetic diecutting and printing cylinders for use in flexographic printing presses.
Kansas governor recognizes Bunting's golden anniversary
Published July 20, 2009
blog comments powered by Disqus