The In-Mold Decorating Association (IMDA) has announced the winners of its Third Annual Awards Competition. The competition recognizes the industry’s best in-mold labeled packaging and in-mold decorated durable products. The winning entries were chosen based on creativity in design, engineering and innovation.
The winners of the 2009 IMDA Awards are:
• Best IMD Durable Product – Polisport (Portugal) for Dirt Bike Fender
• IMD Durable Product, Honorable Mention – Inland Label, Technimark and LCR Hallcrest for CityScape Thermo Cup
• Best Injection Molded Part – Polisport (Portugal) for Dirt Bike Hand Protectors
• Best Label Design – Smyth Companies and Technimark for Coca-Cola Bottle Cup
• Label Design, Honorable Mention – Arta Plast AB for 1-Seal Maksapasteet
• Best Part Design – Arta Plast AB for 1-Seal KUPA Arboga
• Best Product Family – SriThai Superware and StackTeck for Movie Theme Cups & Buckets
• Product Family, Honorable Mention – Acegrasas S.A. and StackTeck for Campi Margarine Packages
• Best Thin Wall Packaging – Union Street Brand Packaging, Nypro and Clorox Company for Clorox Décor Disinfecting Wipes
The 2009 IMDA Awards will be presented to the winners at MLCON09/IMDCON09, October 28, 2009, in Tempe, AZ, USA.