Primera Technology, a manufacturer of specialty printers, today announced that its new RX900 Color RFID Printer is now shipping.
The company declares the RX900 to be “the world’s first and only full-color, on-demand label and tag printer that also has built-in RFID encoding technology.” The RFID reader/encoding module is supplied by Intermec. It is compliant with EPC Global Gen 2 Class 1 and ISO 18000 -b and -c specifications.
“Until now, on-demand RFID labels and tags could only be printed in monochrome,” says Mark D. Strobel, Primera’s vice president of sales and marketing. “With RX900, you can add color coding, high-resolution color graphics and even photo-quality images to RFID labels and tags as they’re being printed. We are confident this capability opens up an entirely new set of exciting and cost-effective applications for RFID technology.”
RX900 is designed for applications that need both color and RFID, including:
• File folder tracking – medical, government, insurance and more
• Retail and apparel tags – for indicating sizes by color and anti-counterfeiting
• Data tape tracking – for indexing by color, bar codes and RFID
• Pharmaceutical labels – for printing photos of pills and for anti-counterfeiting
• Oversized ID badges – for printing color photos and enabling electronic access/tracking at conventions and trade shows, concerts, marathons and other events
• Wristbands – with full-color, high-resolution photos of patients and patrons and integrated RFID for tracking, positive ID and concessions
Printer drivers are included for Windows XP/Vista/7 along with NiceLabel SE for Primera and a starter version of Seagull Scientific’s BarTender label design/RFID software.
RX900 is priced at $4,995 in the USA and Canada. It is available now from Primera’s resellers and distributors worldwide and at www.primerastore.com.