Among the new aspects of Version 10.1 are the following:
• Fewer manual tasks, greater workflow efficiency with new processor module, allowing customers to fully automate tasks that are normally carried out manually in the ArtPro editor, saving time and reducing errors. This includes trapping, distortion, and screening parameters.
• Updated PDF technologies: Automation Engine 10.1 has the latest Enfocus PitStop preflighting tools on board.
• Integration with entry level business systems: For some time, customers have been able to automatically receive job data and metadata in JDF/JMF format from MIS and ERP systems. Through XML they can now automatically draw job data from non-JDF compliant business systems such as FileMaker Pro, Excel or homemade software solutions. No manual entry or rekeying is required, allowing automated job integration without additional investment.
• Tighter integration with output devices: Bi-directional communication and status feedback is now possible with HP’s industrial presses for labels and packaging and with the EskoArtwork CDI flexo platesetter. Operators can now monitor status and receive feedback from output devices directly within Automation Engine.
• Simplified user interface: Additional workflow logic has been included to reduce human interaction with the workflow, making operator error far less likely.
“Automation Engine 10.1 will be of particular interest to our Nexus users, who can now use it for everything they had in Nexus while taking advantage of the substantial amount of features only Automation Engine can do,” says Dries Vandenbussche, EskoArtwork’s product manager automation engine. “The enhancements we have made with version 10.1 mark another big step towards 'lights-out' automation, and that means that our customers can expect to achieve even lower overall prepress costs.”