Flint Group has officially opened the 8th annual Narrow Web Print Awards competition with a call for entries. Label converters from around the globe are encouraged to submit sample labels of their choosing for evaluation by a panel of industry judges. Flint Group will host the annual Print Awards celebration at Booth 840 at Labelexpo Americas in Chicago on Wednesday, September 12, and will unveil the names of those printers whose submissions exemplify excellence and entrepreneurship in this wide world of narrow web printing.
“Flint Group has received hundreds of submissions since the first competition in 2005; we’ve presented this prestigious award to more than 35 companies globally. We truly see the best of the best in narrow web printing each year - we’re continually amazed by the excellence, quality and depth of design. This proves that narrow web printing is truly an art and we’re proud to be part of these masterpiece designs,” comments Deanna Whelan, marketing manager, North America, Flint Group Packaging and Narrow Web.
In 2011, Flint Group presented awards in twelve different categories at Labelexpo Brussels – all submissions using inks, coatings and specialty products supplied by Flint Group. Commenting on the awards, Niklas Olsson, Brand Manager, Flint Group Packaging and Narrow Web, said, “We are tremendously pleased and honored to receive so many print sample submissions year after year; this proves that the Narrow Web Print Awards is held in serious and respected regard by our customers around the world. We are extremely proud, as an ink supplier, to host this friendly competition for the eighth year!”
Criteria for judging includes: registration, smoothness of dot/vignette, overall print quality, and degree of difficulty. Entries will be placed in categories relating to technology and application.
Entry Guidelines are as follows:
1. Each entry must be printed using inks from Flint Group
2. Entries can be a commercial label, or a promotional label
3. Entries can be sent in roll or sheet form with no less than 20 of each label – converters should specify if labels cannot be displayed on the Flint Group stand.
4. Entries should be received no later than August 15, 2012
5. Entries should be submitted directly to Flint Group Packaging and Narrow Web. For more information, please contact Niklas Olsson in Europe at email@example.com, or Deanna Whelan in the United States at firstname.lastname@example.org