The 2013 agenda includes:
• FINAT Workshop: "Lean Manufacturing in the labeling industry" on March 21, at the Porsche Facility in Leipzig (Germany). Here, label converters, materials and consumable suppliers as well as equipment manufacturers can learn from the Lean Manufacturing practice in the car industry.
• Congress Logo Competition: Each year FINAT issues a design competition for its annual congress logo to graphic arts students in Munich. The winner will be honored during the FINAT Congress.
• Joint FINAT/VskE Congress: "Label Your Future": On June 12-14 at the Grand Westin Hotel, Munich, Germany, a two-day event will nform and educate delegates on a broad range of topics with a focus on the industry's priorities.
• FINAT Label Competition: The last few years, FINAT has seen a gradual increase in quality in the labels that have been entered in its annual competition. The expert jury has not only been impressed with the technical excellence of the labels, but also by their aesthetics. As a result, they are now eager to see more stunning examples of label printing. FINAT is welcoming all 2013 FINAT Label Competition entries – the deadline is March 8. For all information on new guidelines and the entry form go to www.finat.com/awards/
• Labelexpo Europe 2013: At the Brussels Expo September 24-27, FINAT will again occupy a hospitality stand, and hold informative workshops at its booth.