"We need only read the trade and national news to realize that the subject of food safety is a growing concern among today's consumers," FTA organizers say in a statement. "They are more educated, more in tune with the food products and ingredients that make it to their dinner tables and in their kids' lunch boxes. As such, today's consumers are demanding safer, healthier food. It's not just the ingredients that face scrutiny; the packaging that keeps our sandwiches, boxes of raisins, and apple slices fresh are also under the microscope."
Session chairs Bruce Riddell, Spectrum Label Corporation and Dan Doherty, Prairie State Group have assembled an expert panel to explain how food safety affects the entire food packaging supply chain. The roster of presenters includes a consumer product company (CPC) spokesman and experts in the field of food safety certifications--such as the Global Food Safety Initiative.
As a converter well versed in what it takes in order to become certified, Dan and his team will also be sharing their experiences in regards to the SQF (Safe Quality Food) certification, as his company has recently undergone the process to successfully achieve certification. They worked with the auditing body EAGLE Food Registrations Inc. and consultancy firm Capjem (both included on the roster of presentations) and will share their journey, the decisions Prairie State had to make, and how they expect it to impact business in the future.
All the details will be examined and explained and in the end, attendees will have a solid handle on all issues related to food safety. Attendees will:
- Learn why food safety is relevant, whether you are putting a label on a can of raisins or manufacturing a printed bag of Cheetos
- Discover ways to change current habits that may promote contamination of food products
- Gain a step-by-step guide to achieving certifications like GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative)
- Discover tools and resources to help you manage your food safety initiatives
- Find out what burdens (financial, time and human resources) to expect
- Learn how to achieve ROI from your food safety initiative
- Identify the pitfalls to avoid
Sponsors of the 2013 Forum & INFO*FLEX include: 3M; ACTEGA WIT, Anderson & Vreeland, Inc.; Degraf S.p.A.; DuPont Packaging Graphics; Eastman Kodak Co.; Flexo Wash LLC; Flint Group Flexographic Products; Harper Corporation of America; Pamarco Global Graphics; Siegwerk USA Co.; and Sun Chemical Corp.
Attendees will save $200 by registering for Full Forum before the early bird deadline of Feb. 22, 2013. Registrations for CPC FTA members are complimentary, and printers/converters will enjoy specially discounted rates plus a "Buy 2, Get the 3rd Free" offer.