Other highlights of the report include:
- Sales for the first half of 2013 were 2% higher than in the same period last year.
- Digital Printing Solutions sales rose by 12% from their 2012 level, while Prepress Solutions sales fell by 26%.
- Analysis per activity shows that equipment sales were up 8% compared with the first half of 2012.
- Recurring income from consumables and service activities fell slightly, by around 2%.
- The decrease in sales in Europe is mainly due to lower sales of Prepress Solutions. The sales growth reported for North and South America is mainly due to South America.
- Compared with the same period in the previous financial year, EBITDA rose by 25% to EUR 12.6 million (H1-2012: EUR 10.1 million).
- This increase is a consequence of the higher sales, a better product mix and strict cost management.