Wikoff Color Corporation, a maker of printing inks and coatings, has agreed to provide insight into the evolving world of inks and coatings manufacturing at the upcoming EB Benefits in Packaging series of seminars this fall.
Targeting flexible packaging producers, label printers, folding carton converters and brand owners, this regional one-day event will provide an overview of EB technology and the impact it is having on the printing, packaging, and converting industries. The event will cover the financial, sustainability and safety ramifications of using electron beam (EB) technology, including examples how today’s packagers, materials developers and press manufacturers are adopting their business models to accommodate EB use.
Wikoff Director of Research Don Duncan, Ph.D., will lead a session detailing how ink and coating companies have been tasked to develop new and innovative printing solutions that best accommodate electron beam technology. Discussing how suppliers are facing the challenges of an evolving package printing industry, Duncan will review why Wikoff originally decided to pursue the development of EB-friendly inks and coatings, and comment on reactions Wikoff has received from current and prospective clients seeking superior EB ink and coating materials.
Duncan, a 2013 inductee into the Ben Franklin Honor Society of Printing Industries of America and the current president of RadTech North America, is the holder of two US patents, the author of more than 30 technical papers, a frequent author in graphic arts industry trade journals and a presenter in graphic arts related conferences.
This seminar, hosted by BroadBeamTM EB system manufacturer PCT Engineered Systems, will feature a number of industry leaders presenting insight on a variety of EB-related package printing topics, including:
- Recent EB Innovations That Are Changing Package Converting
- Food Safety Regulations and Principles Applicable to the Packaging Industry
- Sustainability Benefits of EB Curing in Food Packaging
- EB Chemistry’s Role in Global Food Packaging Safety
- EB Printing Press Design Considerations, and
- Putting It All Together: A BroadBeam Customer Case Study in Implementing EB
- Milwaukee, September 16, 2014: Aloft, 1230 N Old World 3rd St, Milwaukee, WI 53212,(414) 226-0122
- Atlanta, November 11, 2014: Wyndham Buckhead, 3600 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, (404) 869-1100
- Newark, January 13, 2015: Liberty International Airport Marriott, 1 Hotel Rd, Newark, NJ 07114, (973) 623-0006