ExxonMobil salutes labels, packaging with annual awards
ExxonMobil Chemical, Macedon, NY, has honored seven companies for excellence and innovation in flexible packaging and labeling at its 16th annual Golden Mummy and Pyramid Awards ceremony. Held in conjunction with Pack Expo 2002 in Chicago, the awards banquet recognized three Golden Mummy winners for flexible packaging and four Pyramid winners for labeling.
Pyramid Awards went to:
• Snapple Beverage Group and Gamse Lithographing Inc., using coated Label-Lyte LS-447 on Mistic 50% Juices;
• Coors Brewing Company and converter Printera for using Label-Lyte 85 LP, on Coors Light and Coors Original;
• Procter & Gamble, Quality Assured Label Inc. and adhesive coater Avery Dennison for Vick’s Nyquil label using coated Label-Lyte 65 LL-344 face stock;
• Mission Hills and Package Service Co. for its application of Suavitel fabric softener with Label-Lyte 350 LLG and Label-Lyte 408 LLG.
Golden Mummy Award winners were presented to:
• Sun-Maid Growers of California and Seville Flexpack Corporation for Sun Maid Toons & Treats Promo using Bicor 75 LBW;
• Lance Inc. and Printpack Inc. for its Poppers snack product featuring Metallyte 50 TSPM;
• Landshire Inc. with Columbus Cello Poly for packaging its pre-made sandwiches in high barrier Bicor AXT.