The Tag & Label Manufacturers Institute (TLMI) will hold its eighth technical conference at the Fairmont Hotel in Chicago September 4-6. Titled “Tech 007: For Your Eyes Only”, the event will offer a range of technical presentation topics that address the challenges and opportunities North American label converters are facing in today’s shifting marketplace.
Session topics include:
• Uptime solutions: Helping converters identify and solve bottlenecks and downtime triggers.
• Plate technologies: A roadmap for converters of all sizes, helping them decide what their best next steps are with new technology and workflow optimization.
• 2D barcode and printed electronics: The current landscape for 2D barcodes and electronics, discussing market potential and application opportunities.
• Sleeve technology: Optimizing changeover times and press setup with the latest in sleeve technology.
• Low-cost digital printing options: Entering the expanding digital application sector with minimum investment.
• Converting films: A practical guide to converting film applications on press, discussing down-gauging trends and printability.
• Sustainable packaging: Addressing sustainability issues with customers, and moves label converters can begin making to address sustainable practices within their own companies.
• RFID manufacturing options: Where are we really? A discussion on RFID and its current place in the label converting industry with application examples and technology projections.