For easy accessibility, the Self-Assessment is divided into three areas, following the set-up and terminology of the Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP):
1. “Product” (i.e. the design aspects, substrate choices and material management to create the finished item);
2. “Process” (i.e. the manufacturing steps involved in converting input materials into a finished product); and
3. “Envelope” (all manufacturing support activities and functions, including building, grounds, utilities, employees).
In considering the environmental impact of a business, Heidelberg’s Environmental Self-Assessment could take a printer one step closer to reaping the benefits of running a greener business: using fewer resources in a smarter way to save money and/or appeal to new, potential customers. The assessment is comprehensive and easy to complete, taking into account a wide range of factors, from overall environmental management to daily decision-making. These include:
- Level of consultancy with your customer about minimizing the overall environmental footprint of a project.
- Your knowledge of environmental impact of your substrates and consumables.
- Your recycling initiatives.
- Your color management procedures and certifications.
- Your manufacturing process efficiencies.
- Your building certifications in general, and pressroom environment in particular.
Once completed, Heidelberg’s Environmental Self-Assessment provides a general grading, as well as more detailed information in all three sub-segments. Users will receive an email with a link to their results, which they can share with others in their organization. Using this information, each participant should be able to identify possible next steps.
Click here to take Heidelberg’s free Environmental Self-Assessment.