Converters opt for eBeam because it offers a uniform, instantaneous cure that creates a food-compliant finished surface without post-cure time, and eBeam provides the same gloss and depth of image as reverse printed and laminated packaging. Plus, the CatPak System won’t damage HP Indigo ElectroInk, and it seamlessly supports fixtures like zippers and spouts.
The CatPak System includes the eBeam coater, Corona Treater and 30-inch web unwind and rewind modules integrated into the eBeam curing system base frame. The system can also be customized to include digital embellishing equipment. EBeam coatings and flexible packaging films will also be available through the CatPak System and S-OneLP to complete the full flex-pack printing and finishing solution.
“We are excited to combine CDA’s amazing ability to build high-quality, state-of-the-art equipment with S-OneLP’s extensive films and coatings expertise and offer to our customers the single most reliable high performing eBeam system for flex-pack applications,” says Ralph Giammarco, VP of S-One Labels & Packaging.
CatPak System highlights:
- Compact finishing system
- Instantly cured high-performance indirect food-contact compliant coatings
- Speed: Up to 600 feet per minute (mechanical speed)
- Patented integrated shield roll fixes the position of the web
- Minimizes nitrogen flow
- Easily accessible for maintenance and cleaning
- Use for fully flood-coated or spot-registered eBeam coating