Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in Q3 2019 with 22, representing a 68.8% share, followed by private equity with ten deals, representing a 31.3% share, for the region. In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s packaging industry with $315.14m, while M&A deals totalled $95.9m.
The top five packaging deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five packaging deals stood at $411.04m, against the overall value of $411.04m recorded for the quarter.
The top five packaging industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Arsenal Capital Partners’ $313.56m private equity deal with Clariant
- The $79.7m acquisition of Plastics Capital by BPF1
- Corticeira Amorim, S.G.P.S.’s $12.24m acquisition of VINOLOK
- The $3.95m acquisition of Leyland Packaging by Macfarlane Group
- Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund’s private equity deal with Trak Rap for $1.58m.