Designed for security labeling applications, Mactac’s Lintec specialty non-transfer VOID security seals feature a highly specialized non-transfer acrylic adhesive that cleanly removes from surfaces and shows evidence of tampering by way of concealed “VOID” lettering. Different from traditional VOID labels, when these labels are removed, the VOID image becomes visible on the facestock, yet no adhesive residue is left on the application surface. The VOID image also prevents re-use and re-application of labels.
Adding to its existing specialty non-transfer VOID portfolio – LTC01572, LTC01573, and LTC01574 – which are polyester (PET) film products, Mactac’s latest additions – LTC01584 and LTC01583 – feature polyethylene (PE) films.
“With the PE construction, the label facestock is extremely flexible, delivering more conformability and allowing better appearance of the VOID image,” says Katsu Araki, business development manager, Mactac Performance Adhesives. “In addition, due to the film’s elasticity-like qualities, the VOID image will also appear if labels are stretched.”
The new labels are intended for application to low-energy surfaces, such as painted doors. Additional product information includes:
- LTC01584: 3.2-mil top-coated blue flexible polyethylene VOID film with a unique removable acrylic adhesive and a 45# blue glassine liner.
- LTC01583: 3.2-mil top-coated red flexible polyethylene VOID film with a unique removable acrylic adhesive and a 45# blue glassine liner.
Other typical applications for Mactac’s LINTEC specialty non-transfer VOID products are:
- Hotel security seals
- Airplane security seals
- Industrial and electronic device packaging
- Product warning labels
- Automotive security seals
- Food packaging
- Health, beauty, and pharmaceutical packaging to discourage or make obvious any potential tampering