The winning entries were chosen based on creativity in design, engineering and innovation. Here are the winners for 2016:
• Best Injection Molded (IML) Package, Gold Award – Polipa North America for Easy Open & Hold IML Container.
• Best Injection Molded Durable (IMD) Part, Gold Award – Eimo Technology for Laundry User Interface.
• Best Label Design, Gold Award – Dynaplast, PT for Sparkle Canister.
• Best Blow Molded Package, Gold Award – Verstraete In-Mold Labels for Laban Baladi Yogurt.
• Best Part Design, Gold Award – Inland for Scented Baby Wipes Package.
• Best Product Family, Gold Award – Verstraete In-Mold Labels for Unilever Margarine
• Best Product Family, Silver Award – Berry Plastics for SelecTE
• Best Prototype Part, Gold Award – Jabil for IME Washing Machine Control Panel.
Inland was awarded in the Best Part Design category for its Scented Baby Wipes package, featuring an in-mold label. Headquartered in La Crosse, Wisconsin, Inland is a label and packaging supplier with facilities in Neenah, WI and Downingtown, PA, with strategic supply chain relationships worldwide.
As one of the smallest commercially available cut and stack in-mold label application products on the market today, the Babies R Us Scented Baby Wipes was a clear choice for entry, according to Inland. The label is part of a molded pop-up dispenser that is attached to the flexible packaging container, adding both convenience and functionality for the consumer.
“This label really showcases some of the unique features that are possible when using in-mold labeling technology,” said Jackie Kuehlmann, director of Marketing for Inland. “To receive an award such as this from the IMDA only continues to showcase the importance of pushing the envelope in this segment of labeling.”
All of the 2016 IMDA Awards were presented to the winners on June 6, at the 2016 IMDA Symposium and SPE TopCon event at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs in Franklin, TN, USA.