Completion of both Idealliance Digital System Certification—Electrophotographic or Inkjet, along with ISO/PAS 15339 System Certification, is the most comprehensive device certification available for digital press OEMs to evaluate the full gamut of device print quality capabilities including repeatability, registration, tonal reproduction accuracy, durability, and uniformity, the organizations says. Existing certified systems are strongly encouraged to expand their digital press system certification to include ISO/PAS 15339 System Certification. Pricing for these certifications is set at a low price point in order for OEMs to certify their full range of presses providing both global distinction and evaluation benchmarks.
The Idealliance ISO/PAS 15339 System Certification foundation is built on several ISO and CGATS standards associated with it. Color measurement and data analysis are derived from specifications, either wholly or in part, found in the following standards:
- CGATS 21:2013 Graphic Technology—Printing digital data across multiple technologies
- ISO 3664:2009 Graphic Technology and Photography—Viewing conditions
- ISO 12642-2:2015 Graphic Technology (IT8.7/4)—Input data for characterization of 4-color process printing—Part 2: Expanded dataset
- ISO 12647-7:2016 Graphic Technology—Process control for the production of halftone color separations, proof and production prints—Part 7: Proofing processes working directly from digital data
- ISO 13655:2017 Graphic Technology—Spectral measurement and colorimetric computation for graphic arts images
- ISO/PAS 15339 Graphic technology—Printing from digital data across multiple technologies: Part 1: Principles; Part 2: Characterized reference printing conditions, CRPC1–CRPC7
The full suite of Digital Press System Certifications, including both Digital Press and ISO/PAS 15339 System Certification, is available for newly participating systems as a package for streamlined evaluation and analysis of systems. Reduced certification fees are available to manufacturers that have already received either Idealliance Digital Press—Electrophotographic or Idealliance Digital Pres—Inkjet System Certification.