The company says LX910 is Primera’s fastest-ever desktop color label printer. It can handle labels as wide as 8.25” (21cm) and as small as 0.75” (19mm). This latest addition can print a 4” x 3” (10.16 cm x 7.62 cm) label with 50% coverage in just three seconds. In addition, ink costs are the lowest ever from Primera. This is due to a new, ultra-high capacity ink cartridge. On the same 4” x 3” label, cost per label is around 0.03 each.
Typical applications include product labels for coffee, wine, water, bakery, confectionary, meat, cheese and hundreds of other speciality and gourmet foods. The printer is also suitable for manufacturing, laboratory, security, government, retail and a wide variety of other markets.
LX910 provides a number of advantages:
- Print Speed: best-in-class throughput at up to 4.5” (11.4 cm) per second.
- Print Quality: horizontal banding is a common problem with many lower-cost desktop color label printers. Banding is virtually eliminated on the LX910 – even on the faster print speeds.
- Interchangeable dye or pigment inks: With a simple swap-out of ink cartridges, LX910e can print with dye-based ink for brilliant, eye-popping color. Or, choose pigment ink for maximum durability against water and UV light. Both types of ink work interchangeably on the same printer.
- Single Ink SKU: LX910e utilizes an all-new, ultra-high capacity single CMY ink tank. Converters will only need to replace and keep on-hand one ink tank instead of two or four. This keeps inventory simple and makes ink swaps fast and easy. Process black is dark and crisp. Process black uses no more ink than a separate black ink tank would for printing the same amount of text or graphics.
- Low Maintenance: Gone are the days of clogged nozzles and expensive printhead replacements. Users get a brand new printhead each time they change the cartridge, simplifying maintenance and lowering on-going operating costs.
- Metal Case: LX910e has a tough, steel case with industrial-grade power-coated paint.