Ink industry leaders say they are looking forward to the show.
“Flint Group is a one-stop shop for label converters, and during Labelexpo Europe we want to demonstrate that for the first time on one booth,” said Flint Group CEO Antoine Fady.
“We are really looking forward to being back in Brussels, with our biggest stand ever, to introduce our latest products and to showcase the innovative solutions we can provide for label printers and their customers, the retailers and brand owners,” Gary Seward, managing director, Pulse Roll Label Products, said.
“We are looking forward to the Labelexpo event and showcasing our ‘one stop shop’ capabilities encompassing self-adhesive laminates, inks and varnishes/coatings, which can be used on a broad spectrum of substrates, from standard to specialty,” said Dave Casey, Frimpeks UK managing director.
Here are some of the ink companies who will be showing their technologies at Labelexpo Europe 2017:
• Flint Group Narrow Web: Flint Group will be on hand with four of its divisions (Flexographic Products, Narrow Web, Digital Solutions - Xeikon and ThermoFlexX). Flint Group Narrow Web will show EkoCure ANCORA, its UV LED low migration ink technology, as well food packaging compliant printing inks for UV mercury flexo, UV LED flexo, water-based flexo and UV and EB offset.
“Low migration LED curable inks and printing systems open up opportunities for expansion into food packaging that did not exist before,” said Kelly Kolliopoulos, global marketing director, Flint Group Narrow Web. “Narrow web customers can now print on heat sensitive films because the LED systems operate at much lower temperatures, and additionally they can meet food packaging compliance because of Flint Group’s novel low migration ink chemistry.”
• Frimpeks: Frimpeks UK will be showcasing its investment in a bespoke ink mixing and distribution service, as well as its latest low migration UV inks and varnishes as well as LED curable products.
• INX International Ink Co.: SAKATA INX and INX International Ink Co. will bring UV flexo, sheetfed and digital inks and coatings as well as its NW210 UV digital label press to Labelexpo Europe 2017. These include high speed UV flexo inks for food and non-food compliant flexible packaging, shrink sleeve and label applications, as well as food compliant UV LED offset and flexo inks and EB curing inks for shrink sleeves. INX’s OSF UV curable process inks are new, and are designed for sheetfed.
• Pulse Roll Label Products Ltd.: Pulse Roll is highlighting its new PureTone FPC ink system, a food packaging compliant (FPC) UV flexo product range suitable for non-direct food packaging and labeling, the company reports. PureTone FPC is designed for shrink films and general label printing. The company also plans to show an FPC shrink sleeve opaque white, special blacks and metallic inks, plus FPC varnishes and adhesives, as well as a new high strength UV screen ink system.
• Siegwerk: Siegwerk will show a range of inks that are suitable for food and pharma applications, including its new Sicura Nutriflex PRO UV flexo ink, as well as Sicura Nutriboard 2 and Sicura Nutriplast 2 UV inks. In addition, Sicura Nutriflex LEDTec range UV flexo LED inks, Sicura Nutri Jet UV-Inkjet and Sicura Litho NutriEco low migration UV offset inks will be highlights.
“Our newest developed ink series for UV flexo printing is called Sicura Nutriflex PRO. It offers highly pigmented colors that are HD-certified while being suitable for all food and pharma-related applications,” said Rolf Montag, product manager BU Narrow Web at Siegwerk. “Furthermore, our UV offset series Sicura Nutriboard 2 for paper and selected films as well as Sicura Nutriplast 2 for plastics are both excellent ink solutions for heavy-duty applications”
• Sun Chemical: Sun Chemical will show its new UV flexo technology platform for food and non-food applications, as well as Aquacure, its next-generation functional water-based inkjet ink and its SunInspire special effect inks. Brand protection will also be a focus, with a smartphone authentication solution that incorporates the AuthentiGuard smartphone validation application from Document Security Systems, Inc. (DSS), and SunTag, an integrated sensor-taggant system for cartridges and refills.
• Zeller+Gmelin GmbH & Co. KG: Zeller+Gmelin GmbH & Co. KG will show new low migration ink systems. This includes the Uvaflex-FCM-Y81 series, the latest FCM UV flexo inks, which eliminates BPA-containing raw materials. FCM-Y81 inks are designed for use on both paper and film. Uvalux LED U45 is a gloss-optimized UV LED offset ink hat can be used on sheetfed and web presses.
Exhibitors who will be showing ink at Labelexpo Europe 2017 include:
• AEBO Science Technology Co Ltd (Stand 7A62)
• Afford Inks (Stand 8A11)
• Amica Systems (Stand 9C60)
• ARMOR (Stand 6E39)
• Buskro Ltd (Stand 4E67)
• Colorgraf SpA (Stand 11D20)
• Du Pont de Nemours (Deustchland) GmbH (Stand 11B16)
• ECKART GmbH (Stand 7A39)
• EFI (Stand 9C40)
• Flint Group Narrow Web (Stands 5C24, 5C25,5C28,5C29)
• Francis Buehler AG (Stand 9A35)
• Frimpeks (Stand 9A70 and 11C50)
• FUJIFILM Europe GmbH (Stand 9A34)
• General srl (Stand 11C05)
• GSB Wahl GmbH (Stand 5C46)
• Hoya Candeo Optronics Corp. (Stand 3B76)
• HP Indigo (Patio)
• IIMAK Europe (Stand 4C62)
• Industrial Inkjet Ltd (Stand 9C70)
• INX International Ink Co. (Stand 4B65)
• Jänecke+Schneemann Druckfarben GmbH (Stand 11C15)
• Kao Collins Inc. (Stand 4A50)
• Lucky Huaguang Graphics Co Ltd (Stand 6C38)
• Luminescence International Ltd (Stand 9A57)
• Mirage Inks Ltd (Stand 6C24)
• Mouvent (Stand 3A60 and 3A64)
• Nanobrick Co., Ltd (Stand 3B72)
• NeuraLabel (Stand 8A46)
• Printgraph Finito SpA (Stand 4A14)
• PrismaLux Technologies Inc (Stand 4A60)
• Pulse Roll Label Products Ltd (Stand 3C60)
• REA JET (Stand 9B52)
• Rowat Inks BV (Stand 11D52)
• RUCO A.M. Ramp & Co GmbH (Stand 11A35)
• Siegwerk Switzerland AG (Stand 6A17)
• SPGPrints (Stand 4C20)
• Spring Coating Systems (Stand 4B64)
• Squid Inks AG (Ltd.) (Stand 9C14)
• Toyo Ink Europe NV (Stand 11D50)
• Ultra Inc (Stand 7B19)
• Ultrachem (Stand 11A17)
• Uninet (Stand 9A45)
• Union Chemicar Europe BV (Stand 4A57)
• United Speciality Inks Pvt. Ltd. (Stand 3E62)
• VFP Ink Technologies (Stand 7A10)
• Zeller+Gmelin GmbH & Co. KG (Stand 11A47)
David Savastano is editor of Ink World magazine, a sister publication to L&NW.